Skip to main content

Oooooooooo The Suspense

Okay, I love that Tim has peaked our interest in this evening event with secrecy and the promise to unveil a "unique plan" for our team. I look forward to attending and becoming part of the secret society that is the Best Masters Team in the Country. I am hoping the plan includes special shiny suits and some sort of, I don't know, unusual team bonding or scheme to change the world, one pool at a time. Hell, if it is just about all of us getting together to drink some beer I'll be happy. Hope to see you there!

Best Masters Team in the Country
Save the date, Tuesday June 26, 6:00-8:00pm. We will have a team gathering
at the Sharon Heights Country Club in Menlo Park to layout the strategic
plan that will separate Menlo Masters from every other masters swim team in
the country.

This plan does NOT address the number of swim practices you need to make
per week or the speed of your swimming. We are going to unveil a project
that we have been working on behind the scenes for almost a year.

I am excited to share this unique plan, so I want to make sure that there
is enough time for members to clear calendars for this special night. All
you will need to bring with you is an open mind and an open heart.

More information and an evite will follow before the end of this week.
Remember that is Tuesday June 26, 6pm.

Comments

jessica said…
That was an awfully cryptic email Tim sent out to everyone. I wonder what he has up his sleeve? And why is it being held at Sharon Heights instead of at Burgess? How can you make the best masters program in the country even better? I guess we have to wait until June 26 to find out...

Popular posts from this blog

Oxygen Depletion

I hate fins. Why, as a soccer player, I can't kick or use my legs in the pool, I don't know. But I can't kick. I seem to go backwards when no fins are on my feet, and I feel like my lungs are going to explode when I do use fins. Go figure. Today I'm also losing my left big toenail, which is always a fun sensation while finning. *warm up: 300 free, 200 back to breast, 100 kick, 50 strong add fins for: *3 x 50's free on TIGHT interval (35 s) 150 recovery *3 x 100's free on TIGHT interval (1:10) 150 recovery *3 x 150's on TIGHT interval 150 recovery *3 x 200's on TIGHT interval remove fins for: *150 easy *2 x 50's hard repeat 2x

Tell me about yourself...

This is fun. I don't get to swim on Wednesdays so here's some (mostly) non-swimming information about me that I hope you will not use inappropriately against me. It's really fun to answer these questions if only for yourself. Do it. Then post them here because I'd love to know more about all of you! 1.) Q. Can you cook? A. Well, I can read, so I can follow a recipe. Can I make anything without a recipe? Yes: Cinnamon toast. 2.) Q. What was your dream growing up? A. To be happy. 3.) Q. What talent do you wish you had? A. I wish I could sing, big time! 4.) Q. Favorite place? A. California (home) 5.) Q. Favorite vegetable? A. Sweet Potato 6.) Q. What was the last book you read? A. To my kids: The Important Book, to myself: Slow Man 7.) Q. What zodiac sign are you? A. Sagittarius, but I put zero stock in signs 8.) Q. Any tattoo's or piercings? A. Yes, both 9.) Q. Worst habit? A. Never cleaning out my car 10.) Q. If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a

A Mile of Butterfly

No, this is not what we did this morning (thank G-d). But I have to give kudos where kudos are due, to Frances and Peter (and if there was someone else someone please enlighten me) for doing a mile of butterfly at the Rinconada meet on Saturday. Rebecca Pinto likes to call this meet the Rinky Dink Meet but, as I'm sure she would agree, there's nothing dinky about 1650 yards of butterfly. Frances and Peter both completed the event in less than 30 minutes. That's about 4 days and 23.5 hours less than swimming a mile of fly would take me. I'm in awe. Here's what we did this morning: *300 free followed by 2x25 kick *300 free followed by 2x50 quick free ~ All free, all broken in half for 2-5 seconds to check time and try to match split on second half. (Interval for Lane 2, on 1:30 base): *1x400 *2x300 *3x200 *4x100 ~ *3x100 on the 1:35, 1:25, 1:20, trying to match pace for all three *3x100 on the 1:35, 1:25, 1:20, trying to match pace for all three ~ *4x25 fast free with