Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Did It

I wore the suit to practice this morning. Miraculously, it stayed in place even through a lengthy and tortuous breaststroke set (breaststroke kick does not, shall we say, help suits stay out of one's butt crack). But, the almost-thong didn't turn into a thong and I am pleased to say that it actually did make me feel fast (again a monstrous feat during a breaststroke set).

Perhaps it is the act of wearing next to nothing...the polar opposite of a drag suit, but this thing really feels good in the water. And I've been surprised at the lack of disapproving glares. Even my mother said it was a very cute suit.

So get in that Pro Shop and check 'em out ladies!

Today's workout:

*warmup:
250 free followed by 50 weak stroke (yes, for me this was breaststroke)
200 free followed by 50 weak stroke
150 free followed by 50 weak stroke

*8 x 100's:
odd 100's first 25 is kick weak stroke (on the 1:50)
even 100's first 25 is swim weak stroke (on the 1:35)

*flat top pyramid of weakest stroke: 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (repeat 150 twice then go back down)
by 25 here are the lengths (do all that apply for each distance):
1. one arm
2. two count
3. triple kick
4. regular stroke
5 and 6. freestyle

*few hard free swims:
50 hard free followed by 50 easy weak stroke
100 hard free followed by 50 easy weak stroke
150 hard free followed by 50 easy weak stroke

2 comments:

Haim said...

You're killing me here ;)

Emmit said...

I must say you've got an old tan line to deal with now!